If your partner gets buried, you don't have time to go for help!
- Yell to alert others. Watch the victim! Establish a last seen point.
- Make sure it is safe to search. Don't become a victim yourself.
- Establish a leader and make a plan.
- Look for and check surface clues: gloves, boots, helmet.
- Snowmobiles may end up near the surface and riders are often found within 20 feet of their machine.
- Conduct a beacon search. Get close and probe BEFORE you dig.
You only have about 15 minutes for a good chance to recover someone alive. It is critical to practice rescues before you're faced with the real thing!